Top 5 Things That May Scare Potential Buyers Off
It is vital for sellers to make their home attractive to potential buyers. When listing your property, consult with Nancy Orlando to determine an accurate and fair price. If the local competition has a substantially lower listing price, your property will most likely remain on the market.
Curb appeal is crucial, so the facade of your home should be inviting, not alarming. Remove clutter from the yard, spruce up the landscaping and freshen up the entryway with new paint and exterior lighting. Make sure the walkway to the home is not hazardous; any cracks in the steps, pavement or concrete should be repaired. Also, proper exterior lighting is essential, as some showings may be at night or dusk.
Don’t let the odor of smoke or pets deter buyers. If necessary, hire professional carpet cleaners before your first open house and employ scented candles or air purifiers. Buyers will be anxious to exit, rather than stay and tour a home that has offensive odors.
As buyers explore your home they shouldn’t have to visualize the space without clutter. Excess furniture, trinkets, family pictures, toys and other items tend to detract from the existing space and totally obscure any attributes of the home. Remember, everyone appreciates a clean house. Stains, fingerprints, dust and laundry will likely send buyers to the next house on their list.
Travel Tips For Your Winter Vacation
Here are some tips that may make your winter getaway a little smoother.
- Plan ahead. Reserve your flight and hotel in advance to avoid peak travel dates, get lower airfare, and fly direct. Avoid preventable last minute delays that could cause you to miss a flight and lead to a high expense.
- Whenever possible, book non-stop flights. This decreases the possibility of missed connections and getting stranded at the airport.
- Opt for morning flights. Early flights are far less likely to be affected by delays at other airports. Also, if your early flight happens to be canceled or delayed, your options for alternate flights on the same day are improved.
- Call your resort in advance if you need an early check-in time or late check out. The notice may enable them to better accommodate your schedule.
- Make photocopies of your passport / drivers license / credit cards and any other important documentation you are bringing with you. Leave them with someone you trust and can easily contact in case of theft. This small step will help you in the process of canceling your cards and securing the replacement identification.
Census Bureau Lists America’s Most Affluent Neighborhoods
The latest American Community Survey determines these neighborhoods lead the nation in median household income.
- Chevy Chase Section Five Village, MD
- Westlake Town, TX
- Coldstream CDP, OH
- Plandome Village, NY
- Oyster Bay Cove, NY
Proud supporter of Easter SealsLicense # REB 0755090
©2010 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Century 21© is a registered trademark licensed to Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Each CENTURY 21 office is independently owned and operated. All rights reserved.